- A comprehensive range of classes is provided for children aged from 5 to 13.
- These classes are intended to supplement the religious education received at home and to fill the gap for those attending non-Catholic schools.
- Some 140 children in the Parish are enrolled to attend these classes in 2013/14 and nearly 20 parishioners assist in the teaching of our children. We are always keen to involve more parents in the teaching of the children and would welcome new volunteers at any time.
Classes are held during ordinary school term time only, at the following times:-
- Sunday morning classes from 10.00am to 10.45am, for 5-13yr olds (including preparation for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion).
- Tuesday evening (7.30pm to 8.45pm) Confirmation class for 13/14 yr olds.
Additional classes can be arranged as required for other children, for example where preparation for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion did not take place at the usual ages.
Older teenagers may be invited to join the adult group for RCIA, if it would be more appropriate.
Families are asked to register their children afresh during the Summer term, for the following year. For the year 2015/16, Sunday School Registration Forms are available from the Church Porch, and should be returned no later than 19th July, to allow time to obtain workbooks for the children. To help with the cost of books etc., families are asked to make a donation of £15 for each child (maximum £25 per family).
Families moving into the Parish during the year must contact the R.E. Co-ordinator, Alexandra Fisher, email@example.com, or the Parish Priest before children can be admitted to a class. Please call 01923 825639 if you wish to make an appointment to see the RE Co-ordinator.